Who We Are
- A community of people committed to seeing youth have the opportunity and means to live a balanced life: mentally, socially, physically and spiritually.
- We are Christians to desire to see our community and our world at large changed for the better.
- We are people who desire to see a generation transformed by introducing them to God who loves them, and through Him discovering how they can change the world.
What We Do
- We operate a youth centre offering a wide variety of services and programs, including a Drop-in, street outreach, school based clubs, mission focused service trips, day camps and many trips and events.
- We work alongside local organizations to find the best way to assist our youth in all of their needs.
- We ultimately provide a safe and respectful place for the teens of Centre Wellington to learn, grow, be challenged, be introduced to Jesus and find His hope.
Doug, a long-time Fergus YFC volunteer, joined our staff team in October 2011 as our new Director. Doug is helping to get our satellite more well-known in the community and to prepare Centre Wellington for the future as we look into becoming our own chapter. Doug connects easily with guys, and girls love his father’s heart for them. Doug is particularly gifted with mentoring young men and has kept connected with several of The Door’s youth from 8-10 years ago. Doug is directing Centre Wellington YFC part-time right now as he works on raising his salary. He is looking for partners in this area. When Doug is not @ The Door, he is probably working on his farm, where he is the 5th generation living there with his wife, Sandi and 3 kids, Sarah, Josh & Rebecca.
We are affiliated with Youth For Christ, and you can visit their website for more information.